Since my "second job" seems to be computer support, I thought I'd put some tips, tricks and "raspberries" up here for everyone's enjoyment. ...along with plenty of other commentary on music, life, Macs, etc.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Give me a break

Frivolous lawsuits are way out of control in this country. Here's a good example in yesterday's news:

     nano owners sue Apple

So, let me get this straight -- if I buy an Apple iPod nano, and I scratch the screen, then I'm entitled to a full refund of what I paid for the nano, plus punitive and statutory damages, plus my lawyer's fees, and a share of the profits for all iPod nano's sold?

Gee, that sounds like about the best investment strategy ever created! Pay $199 and get millions in return!

What is this country coming to? Doesn't anyone have common sense anymore? :-(

Seriously, though, if there's a defect in manufacturing of the iPod nano, Apple should fix it. And, for the sake of the internet, they should probably work a deal with disgruntled owners to trade their scratched nanos in. But, come-on people -- is this really causing you major trauma?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home