Since my "second job" seems to be computer support, I thought I'd put some tips, tricks and "raspberries" up here for everyone's enjoyment. ...along with plenty of other commentary on music, life, Macs, etc.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Christmas wishlist


Ok, I know the meaning of Christmas (and it ain't all about gettin' gifts). But, honestly...it's a short list this year...only one thing...well, four things...on it! (Well, I guess a dual-core machine needs dual 30-inch Cinema Displays, too. I mean, you have to accessorize, right?)

Everybody sing:
"All I want for Christmas is a new G5, a new G5, yes, a new G5!"

I can't imagine having this kind of power in a desktop workstation:
  • Two dual-core 2.5GHz PowerPC G5 chips
  • 1MB cache per core (4MB total cache!)
  • 1.25GHz frontside bus per processor
  • Up to 16GB DDR2 (PC2-4200) SDRAM
  • Optional nVidia GeForce 7800 GT with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM
  • Up to 1 Terabyte of Serial ATA hard disk space
  • 16x SuperDrive with double-layer support
  • PCI Express
  • Optical digital audio in/out
  • Dual 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet ports
  • Optional Airport Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
  • Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
...all in a super-slick Aluminum case, and it even includes the new Mighty Mouse. What more could a programmer possibly want? This is the Binford 5000 of all computers! :-)



Now, can they just fit that into a PowerBook?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home