Since my "second job" seems to be computer support, I thought I'd put some tips, tricks and "raspberries" up here for everyone's enjoyment. ...along with plenty of other commentary on music, life, Macs, etc.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Microsoft strikes again

Well, it was time to break out the ole' PC yesterday. Hadn't updated Windows (well, even booted up Windows) in a couple of months, so it was time for an update, or two, or 27??? Sheesh....

But Microsoft had different plans for me. They apparently think that my LEGAL because I have to re-install it every 6 months. Now, I can't get updates for Windows XP, because it won't "validate" me as using a "Genuine" copy of Windows.

Hackers strike back... So I found this little jewel of a tip on the internet and thought I'd pass it on here. It's an easy way to bypass the validation on Windows Update and get your much-needed Windows XP updates.

Bypass Windows validation tool

Thanks for the tip! It saved me hours of frustration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home