Since my "second job" seems to be computer support, I thought I'd put some tips, tricks and "raspberries" up here for everyone's enjoyment. ...along with plenty of other commentary on music, life, Macs, etc.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Canon PowerShot S3 IS Exif Re-Tagger

For anyone with a Canon PowerShot S3 IS: you may have noticed that Canon does not populate the "ISO Speed" and "Focal Length (35mm)" Exif fields in the images taken with this camera (and many of the other late-model Canon point-and-shoot digital cameras). Since I use these Exif fields to differentiate images and track shooting information, I decided to write a script to backfill these Exif from the Canon MakerNote information, if it is available.

More information on my Software page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home