Since my "second job" seems to be computer support, I thought I'd put some tips, tricks and "raspberries" up here for everyone's enjoyment. ...along with plenty of other commentary on music, life, Macs, etc.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A new member of the "Cult of Mac"

"Now I'm a believer": I thought this was a good read. It seems to be reflective of a lot of comments I hear these days from programmers and normal computer users alike. People are finally seeing the Mac for what it is -- very usable, clean and quick. The author sums it up pretty well here (emphasis mine):

I was for many years of the opinion that Windows was good enough, and that the advantages of a much greater choice of software and the ready availability of technical support - not to mention the lower cost - made it the more sensible choice.

But I eventually tired of the endless reboots, the constant threat of viral infection, and the incredibly clunky nature of Windows. I live on my computer, for work and play, and it's important to have the best. Once the Mac went with the Intel processor, my mind was made up.

...

The Mac makes it all easy, with maximum integration and with a supremely elegant operating system. And I've had to reboot twice in two weeks, down from twice a day under Windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home